I listened to one of your live talks and it changed my life. Your passion is inspiring. I never knew going to therapy was okay, before you told me. Thank you for what you’ve done for me. Made in His Image is an amazing ministry, it saved my life. – what a woman had to say about MIHI
Made in His Image is committed to helping victims and survivors of eating disorders, depression, self-harm, physical and or sexual abuse, which entails educating all women on the nature and dignity of the human person, created in the image and likeness of God.
Our mission: To begin a dialogue, a discussion, in a safe and compassionate setting, to foster hope and healing, and to empower women to turn from victim to survivor. Ultimately, to provide holistic medical treatment and healing for women suffering from eating disorders, physical, and or sexual abuse, which entails, educating all women on the nature and dignity of the human person, created in the image and likeness of God.
Since leaving my job to launch Made in His Image in September 2011, I have lived off donations and am in need of your financial support for this ministry to expand and flourish and also to pay my living expenses (rent, food, car insurance, cell phone bill, etc). Made in His Image is an offical non-profit (501 c 3) organization and every donation is tax exempt.
You can make a donation by clicking the link below or by mailing me a check made out to Made in His Image.
At present I am working to raise $5,000.00 to pay a Catholic Counselor to collaborate with me to write an online 60-day course for women recovering from eating disorders, get our new website designed, T-shirts designed and a promotional video made for MIHI.
I am blessed to have your support and excited that because of your generosity, MIHI will be able to make a real difference in the lives of countless women. By giving to MIHI you will be helping save the life of a woman in need.
With gratitude and prayers,
Founder and President of MIHI
- Every year in the United States, up to 10 million children are exposed to domestic violence.
- The majority of domestic violence victims are women. 1 in 3 women report being physically or sexually abused by a husband or boyfriend at some point during their lives.
- Every two minutes in the United States someone is sexually assaulted
- 1 in 6 women are survivors of sexual assault
- 90% of sexual assaults are committed by someone the survivor knows
- Over 7 million women in the United States suffer from an eating disorder
- 1 in every 4 women has an eating disorder
- Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness
- 20% of people suffering from anorexia will prematurely die from complications related to their eating disorder, including suicide and heart problem